Today sees the launch of the LINC’s annual entrepreneurial competition ‘AIB JumpStart 2013’. Originally launched in 2009, AIB JumpStart gives Irish entrepreneurs a unique opportunity to win a very real JUMP START to their business with a prize worth €25,000.
John Farragher, Regional Manager, Business Banking, Allied Irish Bank, “AIB is proud to continue our partnership with the LINC and we’re delighted to be main sponsor of AIB JumpStart this year. The business community is critical for the creation and maintenance of thousands of jobs across the country and entrepreneurs and start-up businesses are key to Ireland’s economic recovery. At AIB we are determined to support our business customers through the provision of credit along with other practical business supports such as this partnership”.
Launched at the dylan Hotel today by an impressive panel of judges including one of Ireland’s best known and liked entrepreneurs, Bobby Kerr; highly recognised businesswomen, Louise Phelan, VP, Global Operations EMEA, PayPal; John Farragher, Regional Manager, Business Banking, Allied Irish Bank, Oisin Geoghegan, CEO Fingal County Enterprise Board and Declan Lyons, Technology Infrastructure Programme Manager, Enterprise Ireland. The final six shortlisted entrants will get the unique opportunity to present to this panel of judges with one coming out the winner of AIB JumpStart 2013.
The prize for the winning company worth €25,000 will include:
• A seed capital prize of €2,500
• An incubation space of 23sqm for twelve months
• Included in this space will be desks and chairs for two people
• Electricity and heating bills for their office covered for one year
• Free wireless access within the building and their office
• Free use of the boardroom for meetings and events during the year
• €7,500 worth of mentoring
• An ‘Integration Support Package’ from PayPal
• Brand identity and design business start-up package from KR Management & Design
• Design and build of a brochure style website for the business
• Half day SEO consultation with Superior Internet Marketing
• Half day social media consultation, supplied by Razorcoast
• Public Relation services for one full day from Aspire PR
• Meeting with Enterprise Ireland to identify options for Enterprise Ireland support.
Submit your application online at http://www.thelinc.ie/AIBJumpStart