ITB have launched a BSc in Process Instrumentation & Automation, adding to its’ suite of programmes under the Learn+Work approach to learning.
Learn + Work helps jobseekers to get the necessary training and experience to ready them for the many career opportunities that exist in the Process Instrumentation & Automation field.
This innovative programme combines training at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB) with blocks of work placement.
BH Consulting has launched a Masters Scholarship programme to encourage talented people to enter the cyber security market.
This is a full-time role for the ideal candidate to start their career in cyber security. BH Consulting will provide a scholarship and other supports to enable study for a Masters in Cyber security. In addition, a structured program of industry training will allow the successful candidate gain accreditation to industry certifications such as CISSP, CEH, CCSK, and CISA.
For more information on this great opportunity visit: Find Out More
Phase 2 participants receive intensive support for six months to develop both their own skills and to work up their business proposition. This will entail full-time participation in workshops, mentoring and regular reviews. Using these supports, participants will fully detail and validate their business proposition and identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options.
The aim of this phase is to support you in your development of an investor-ready business plan.
ITB is currently recruiting for 6 new Post Graduate Research positions.
The ITB Post Graduate Fund offers scholarships for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research master’s or PhD at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown.
Current projects open for applications are:
1. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity leading to a Masters in Electronic Engineering and Information Science.
2. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – VLE data analysis and visualisation for use in the identification of students at risk of non-progression.
3. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – An analysis of the provision of emotional intelligence coaching to Irish second level students on academic attainment.
4. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – An analysis of the provision of emotional intelligence coaching to Irish third level lecturers on perceived levels of work occupational stress and work efficacy.
5. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – Modelling the glottal flow in Parkinsonian speech.
6. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – MSc in Serious Games for Low Energy Building Construction Worker training.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th September 2017 at 12 noon.
For Job Descriptions and to apply visit http://www.itb.ie/ResearchatITB/postgrad.html
Today we welcome Colm Ó Maolmhuire to the LINC as Enterprise Manager!
Colm has over 20 years’ experience operating as an independent, professional management trainer, mentor and consultant. His main areas of expertise are in finance, business planning/analysis and management skills.
Colm will be here to offer support with your Business Startup needs and enquiries.
Contact Colm today on Colm.OMaolmhuire@itb.ie and see how we can support your Entrepreneurial journey.
Next Innovation voucher call is Wednesday 6th September, 2017
SME’s or Startups can apply for a €5,000 voucher for the purpose of gaining academic support in research or innovation from a listed knowledge provider. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Get training, work experience and a Higher Education qualification with the Learn + Work Programme at the Institute of technology Blanchardstown.
This innovative programme has been designed with industry, combining in-company placement with the required skills and competencies for today’s high-tech companies. Learn + Work will create a connection between the student’s academic life and the world of work.
We have outlined some of the top benefits:
- Higher Education Qualification – The Learn + Work Programme will lead to a Higher Certificate in Science in Computing in Networking Technologies upon successful completion.
- Work Experience – Five months full time study followed by Seven months with the employer, attending 1 day per week at ITB.
- Industry Certifications – The structure combines accredited academic modules with the knowledge required for the following eight Industry Certified awards:
- CompTIA A+
- Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-1)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- VMware Certified Associate – Cloud (VCA-Cloud)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Expert Server Infrastructure (MCSE)
- CompTIA Security+
- Progression to Degree Programmes – Upon completion of the Higher Certificate, students also have the opportunity to progress to the BSc (Honours) in Computing in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security at ITB.
- Support & Guidance – Between the Work Placement Coordinator and the Academic Coordinator, your progress will be monitored and support given were needed.
*** Closing date for applications is August 27th. Anyone applying must be available for aptitude test and, if successful, interview on Tuesday August 29th. This will be the last round of tests and interviews ***
This course is part-funded by Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet under the Training Networks Programme of Skillnets and by member companies. Skillnets is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills. For further information see www.ictskillnet.ie
Posted in LINC News
Tagged Certification, Cisco, CompTIA, Computing, Education, ICT, Innovation, JobOpportunity, LeavingCert, Linux, Networking, Technology, VMware
DATE AND TIME – Tue 12 September 2017, 08:00 – 16:30
LOCATION – Croke Park, Dublin.
The Theme of Sustainability within the Medtech processing and manufacturing sector has never been more important! For many years larger organisations have been realising the fact that environmental policies and energy efficiencies within processing is directly related to the bottom line! Reducing energy costs, carbon footprint and waste during the process of Medtech devices can have a significant impact on the profitability of a facility.
Additionally, as Medtech manufacturers and their clients supply chains becomes more and more entwined they find themselves under increased pressure to reduce their carbon footprint.
Themes for the event
Posted by Sanj Bhayro, July 23rd 2017
Small businesses still rely on Excel to track their customer data. The ones that are moving the fastest are those that deploy a CRM platform from the start in order to capture all their customer data in one place.
Choose technology for the future: The tech employed has to future proof the business to avoid the growing pains of scaling up. A classic mistake some SMEs make is buying a specific piece of technology that works for one department, but ends up creating walls within the business.
It is a race out there. You need teamwork, peak performance and the latest technology to get you over the line first.