Three Categories. Three Champions. One Overall Winner!
With €25,000 in prizes including €10,000 in CASH for the Winners of JumpStart 2015 the competition is heating up with three category wins up for grabs this year.
Today, sees the launch of JumpStart 2015, a competition from the LINC Centre, at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB). JumpStart is an annual business start up competition now in its sixth year with a prize package worth €25,000. The competition is open to entrepreneurs giving them a unique opportunity to really jumpstart their business and who wish to base their business in an innovative and supportive environment during their first three years of the development of their business.
This exclusive competition was launched today by an inspiring panel of judges including one of Ireland’s best known and liked entrepreneurs, Bobby Kerr. Other judges include Bernie Prendergast, AIB Regional Business Manager for Dublin North and West, Oisin Geoghegan, Head of Local Enterprise Local Enterprise Office Fingal and Declan Lyons, Technology Infrastructure Programme Manager, Enterprise Ireland.
Bobby Kerr said of the competition, “I have been a Judge with JumpStart for five years now and every year I am excited to see who will come before us. I have met some inspiring entrepreneurs over the years and it’s exciting to see such innovation mixed with the enthusiasm, work ethic and committment of the entrepreneurs.”
Out of the three category winners one overall JumpStart 2015 winner will be chosen.
Assumpta Harvey, Manager of the LINC Centre at ITB says “we are delighted to be launching JumpStart in it’s sixth year. It is great to see the winner of JumpStart 2014 “Improper Butter” doing so well as they expand into different global markets. With the introduction of three categories this year we look forward to meeting with great diversity and innovation among the entrepreneurs in each category.”
The overall winner will receive 4,000€ as part of the overall prize plus €2,000 for winning their category. The other category winners will also be awarded €2,000 each. The overall winner also receives:
– An incubation space of 23sqm for twelve months which includes furniture, electricity and heating
– Free wireless access within the building and their office
– Free use of the boardroom for meetings and events during the year
– Public Relation services for one full day from Aspire PR
– One year of telephoning answering service from Kendlebell Kimmage
– Meeting with Enterprise Ireland to identify options for Enterprise Ireland support
– Mentoring on key aspects of their business
The category winners will also have access to:
– A structured approach to the development of their business through the “Create, Learn, Grow” programme
– Industry specific seminars to support innovation and development for the companies
– Access to the academic expertise of the Institute
– Access to a cohort of students for placements and possible recruitment
– Access to the facilities in the building including meeting rooms, training rooms and – computer labs.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be in business for less than two years
2. Fit into one of the three categories – technology; women in technology or innovation in food industry
3. Demonstrate intent to export if they are not already exporting
4. Demonstrate substantial growth to strengthen the economic impact of the business within the region
Bernie Prendergast, Regional Business Banking Manager, AIB Dublin North & West said of JumpStart, ‘This is the fifth year that AIB is proud to sponsor Jumpstart 2015, a key programme that celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit in Ireland. Small and medium enterprise is crucial for the creation and maintenance of thousands of jobs across the country and at AIB we recognise this with our Backing Brave Programme. Initiatives include fast turnaround on credit decisions, more access to our dedicated SME and Agri Teams both on the phone and across our extensive branch network, as well as supports for start-ups. We wish all participants the very best of luck in this competition and we’re proud to be Backing Brave in partnership with the LINC.’
Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.thelinc.ie/jumpstart with a closing date for applications of October 16th 5pm.
The short list of winners will be announced on October 27th with the JumpStart 2015 winner being announced on November 17th at the LINC.
All applicants must submit a fully complete application form and agree to the terms and conditions terms and of the LINC and declare that all information submitted is correct and true.
Sponsors for Jumpstart 2015 are AIB and Fingal Local Enterprise Office.