New BSc Degree in Process Instrumentation & Automation open for applications at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
ITB have just launched a new 3 year BSc Degree in Process Instrumentation & Automation under their Learn + Work model. This innovative higher education model combines off the job learning at ITB with blocks of work placement. The programme offers students the opportunity to apply their learning and gain valuable experience in the workplace in tandem with their academic studies.
According to Dave Peyton, the programme co-ordinator, this model is designed to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively in various technician roles within the process and manufacturing sectors.
The programme was developed in consultation with industry and the content and delivery model are a reflection of the need for work-ready graduates with the relevant attributes as outlined by our industry partners.
For more information visit http://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/BN046.html, contact Mark Keyes on 01 885 1035 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with our Marketing team on 01 885 1530 or email email@example.com
The search is underway to find Ireland’s best young entrepreneurs of 2018!
If you are aged between 18 and 35 and either have a business idea or have already started a business, enter IBYE for your chance to win a share of the €50,000 county investment fund through the Local Enterprise Office (LEO).
It’s free to enter and there are also hundreds of places on Business Bootcamps to be won.
Last year, more than 180 young entrepreneurs won investment funding of between €3,000 and €15,000 each for their business through IBYE.
Apply online before the closing date – Friday, September 29th 2017.
Local Enterprise Office Fingal are looking for Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneurs of 2018 …..maybe it’s you!
Find out more & Apply
LINC residents Invizbox are launching two new devices – InvizBox 2 and InvizBox 2 Pro. This is their 3rd launch of a privacy and security router.
The Invizbox Team
The InvizBox 2 family allows you to secure all your Internet traffic while giving you the speed and convenience you deserve. Connect it to your home router via supplied Ethernet cable and that’s it – The setup is complete. You connect your devices to the InvizBox 2 over WiFi and all of your Internet traffic is now encrypted.
Invizbox have already had two successful crowd-funded products, delivering to 1000’s of satisfied customers around the world.
Their Kickstarter campaign is off to a flying start and we wish them well with this exciting venture.
More details and background: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/683682172/invizbox-2-online-privacy-and-security-simplified?ref=project_tweet
ITB have launched a BSc in Process Instrumentation & Automation, adding to its’ suite of programmes under the Learn+Work approach to learning.
Learn + Work helps jobseekers to get the necessary training and experience to ready them for the many career opportunities that exist in the Process Instrumentation & Automation field.
This innovative programme combines training at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB) with blocks of work placement.
BH Consulting has launched a Masters Scholarship programme to encourage talented people to enter the cyber security market.
This is a full-time role for the ideal candidate to start their career in cyber security. BH Consulting will provide a scholarship and other supports to enable study for a Masters in Cyber security. In addition, a structured program of industry training will allow the successful candidate gain accreditation to industry certifications such as CISSP, CEH, CCSK, and CISA.
For more information on this great opportunity visit: Find Out More
Phase 2 participants receive intensive support for six months to develop both their own skills and to work up their business proposition. This will entail full-time participation in workshops, mentoring and regular reviews. Using these supports, participants will fully detail and validate their business proposition and identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options.
The aim of this phase is to support you in your development of an investor-ready business plan.
ITB is currently recruiting for 6 new Post Graduate Research positions.
The ITB Post Graduate Fund offers scholarships for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research master’s or PhD at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown.
Current projects open for applications are:
1. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity leading to a Masters in Electronic Engineering and Information Science.
2. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – VLE data analysis and visualisation for use in the identification of students at risk of non-progression.
3. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – An analysis of the provision of emotional intelligence coaching to Irish second level students on academic attainment.
4. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – An analysis of the provision of emotional intelligence coaching to Irish third level lecturers on perceived levels of work occupational stress and work efficacy.
5. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – Modelling the glottal flow in Parkinsonian speech.
6. Post-Graduate Research Opportunity – MSc in Serious Games for Low Energy Building Construction Worker training.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th September 2017 at 12 noon.
For Job Descriptions and to apply visit http://www.itb.ie/ResearchatITB/postgrad.html
Today we welcome Colm Ó Maolmhuire to the LINC as Enterprise Manager!
Colm has over 20 years’ experience operating as an independent, professional management trainer, mentor and consultant. His main areas of expertise are in finance, business planning/analysis and management skills.
Colm will be here to offer support with your Business Startup needs and enquiries.
Contact Colm today on Colm.OMaolmhuire@itb.ie and see how we can support your Entrepreneurial journey.
Next Innovation voucher call is Wednesday 6th September, 2017
SME’s or Startups can apply for a €5,000 voucher for the purpose of gaining academic support in research or innovation from a listed knowledge provider. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Get training, work experience and a Higher Education qualification with the Learn + Work Programme at the Institute of technology Blanchardstown.
This innovative programme has been designed with industry, combining in-company placement with the required skills and competencies for today’s high-tech companies. Learn + Work will create a connection between the student’s academic life and the world of work.
We have outlined some of the top benefits:
- Higher Education Qualification – The Learn + Work Programme will lead to a Higher Certificate in Science in Computing in Networking Technologies upon successful completion.
- Work Experience – Five months full time study followed by Seven months with the employer, attending 1 day per week at ITB.
- Industry Certifications – The structure combines accredited academic modules with the knowledge required for the following eight Industry Certified awards:
- CompTIA A+
- Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-1)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- VMware Certified Associate – Cloud (VCA-Cloud)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Expert Server Infrastructure (MCSE)
- CompTIA Security+
- Progression to Degree Programmes – Upon completion of the Higher Certificate, students also have the opportunity to progress to the BSc (Honours) in Computing in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security at ITB.
- Support & Guidance – Between the Work Placement Coordinator and the Academic Coordinator, your progress will be monitored and support given were needed.
*** Closing date for applications is August 27th. Anyone applying must be available for aptitude test and, if successful, interview on Tuesday August 29th. This will be the last round of tests and interviews ***
This course is part-funded by Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet under the Training Networks Programme of Skillnets and by member companies. Skillnets is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills. For further information see www.ictskillnet.ie
Posted in LINC News
Tagged Certification, Cisco, CompTIA, Computing, Education, ICT, Innovation, JobOpportunity, LeavingCert, Linux, Networking, Technology, VMware